Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My venture into OOP Javascript pt3: us an M? I think so.

The next issue that I’m struggling with is the idea of a model.  Do I want to break away from the dom completely.  An event is issued from the dom to the controller.  the controller could then query the dom for all the data it might need to process the call put it in a little viewmodel and pass that around to all the services that will eventually need to deal with this data to validate and persist etc.

Yes I do like this idea.  A clean break from dom for some clean javascript programming.  Fuck another massive re write.  I’m never gonna finish this shit.   Anyway,  there’s a certain voice in the back of my head wondering if there will be inefficiencies the further I get from what I’ve always though of as javascript programming and the more I impose my server side code patterns onto my client side programming.  But I guess I’ll blow that up later.

No comments: