Friday, October 14, 2011

Catch up and more Javascript

well it’s been forever since I’ve posted but don’t worry I haven’t learned a thing.  I will dispense with the backlog and jump straight into what I’m doing now.

Javascript

I am working on a single page app with basic business app functionality eg lists ( grid ( jqgrid )) forms, menus, popups etc.  I of course quickly found my javascript btfu ( getting ugly and out of control ).  So I started writing my own collection of classes to organize and componentize the functionality.  After a few iterations I had something pretty workable but I’m using Douglas Crockford’s objects with private variables.  These are nice and clean and organized but they don’t allow for much extension or inheritance.

I’m still using these but I have integrated backbone.js and am about to integrated knockout.js in there to.  I will write an other post explaining this stuff so people don’t have to read this bullshit if they don’t' want

No comments: